Due to COVID-19, First Presbyterian Gallery has delayed the scheduled September 2020-May2021 exhibitions until the following year-all except for a unique version of the biennial Parish Art Show!
We don’t want the gallery to be ‘dark’ for the coming year so we will use the space for an ongoing display of art made by members of our church in response to events happening in our community, our country, and indeed, the world. You are invited to participate in this VISUAL FORUM.
Here are some guideline:
- Participation is open to church members and staff as well as their families.
- Artists may be of any age and level of skill; artwork can be in any medium, 2D or 3D.
- Subjects may be related to any social issue, from current challenges such as COVID-19 and Black Lives Matter to other issues important to you as the artist. Express an opinion through art on what you care about!**
- 2D artwork does not have to be framed but should be at least mounted on construction paper or comparable.
- Artwork should be signed. Information given on the back of the work should include the theme as well as your name, phone number, and email address. You may also attach a short ‘artist statement,’ which would be a few sentences giving any information about yourself that you would like to share.
- Artwork should be delivered to the gallery and placed on the counter. Enter building through the gallery/theater door, sign in with the foyer attendant, and take work down to the gallery. Fill in an information sheet provided on the gallery counter.
- The exhibition will run September 2020, through May 2021, with deliveries starting September 1.
- Sarah Savage (260.482.5112) and Terri Lindvall (646.831.4828) will oversee the Visual Forum.
- The growth of the exhibition will be ongoing, with Sarah or Terri hanging available artwork weekly.
- Artwork will be hung according to themes, as these themes materialize.
- Sarah and Terri reserve the right to edit the forum.
- The exhibition may be visited during church hours of operation, which may evolve in relation to health concerns. Current hours are Tuesday-Thursday, 10am – 2pm.
**As the next few months are the national election season, be mindful that our church is respectful of all political views. Nevertheless, the Visual Forum will not be a platform for the promotion of particular candidates.
Let’s enjoy this opportunity to express our ideas and feelings through art!