After serving as a full time Interim Pastor for seven congregations (Plainfield, Greensburg, St. Louis, First and Grace in Fort Wayne, Collinsville, Illinois, Ashland, Kentucky). I am looking forward to settling down in Fort Wayne for a while.
For those who remember me from being here as the Interim Associate Pastor for Pastoral Care from November 2010 – January 2012, you may remember that my father was an Army Chaplain while I was growing up. I was born in Decatur, Illinois, my mother’s home state. We lived in Karlsruhe, Germany; Terra Linda, California; Fort Lee, Virginia; Okinawa, Japan; and Fort Meade, Maryland. I attended college at Bloomsburg State College in Pennsylvania and grad school in Azusa, California. So I was trained in being an Interim Pastor before I knew what the word was!
I married during grad school and we kept moving. We lived in Fullerton, California, Lafayette, Louisiana, and Holly Hill, Florida, before moving to Decatur, Georgia, to attend seminary at Columbia Theological Seminary, one of our PCUSA schools.
I am the mother of two. My son Paul lives in Rolla, Missouri, and teaches Math at Missouri University of Science and Technology. For fun he sings with the St. Louis Symphony Chorus. My daughter Kimberlee lives in Easton, Pennsylvania, and is the advocate coordinator, for CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania.
All my moving has led me to love traveling. I have enjoyed returning to Palestine and Israel, as well as Istanbul, Turkey. Most recently I had the joy of visiting France with my dear friend and tea drinking buddy of 36 years.
I enjoy quilting, reading, listening to people’s stories, and seeing God in rainbows, people’s smiles, and beautiful sunsets.
Highlights/challenges of my years in ministry have been:
- Co-leading the Mission trip to Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Serving as Moderator of Whitewater Valley Presbytery
- Serving on COM in the Presbytery of Giddings-Lovejoy
- Serving on the Administrative commission to find resolution for a man who was sexually abused as a youth by his youth pastor
- Taking 8 youth to a week at the Heifer International Farm in Perryville, AK
- Meeting Abuna Chacour, Archbishop of Galilee, “another man from Galilee”
- Meeting people in difficult times in their lives
- Walking through great loss/tragedy with churches
- Serving as Commissioner to General Assembly
- Attending multiple General Assemblies as an Observer (one with my daughter!)
- Witnessing the General Assembly electing Co-moderators for the first time
- Crying every time I share “I’ll Love you Forever” with the children during worship